August 10, 2012 in Recipes
Tonight we are attending a get together with several couple friends. Everyone will be bringing a dessert, so since there will be many rich, decadent dessert options, I thought I would bring something a little healthier and lighter. What better way to coax autumn to hurry up than oatmeal raisin cookies? Mmmm! Better yet, since the weather is still hot, how about a cool, fall flavored Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough Dip?
Gluten free / egg free / almost dairy free. Packed with lots of healthy nutrients & super easy to make without dirtying too many dishes! Can you believe this dessert is healthy?!?
- 1/4 cup organic milk (sub for almond or coconut if you wish)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tsp gluten free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 8oz organic cream cheese
- 1.5 cups chickpeas (1 can), drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 3 tsp homemade vanilla extract
- 3 tsp cinnamon (plus more for garnish)
- 1 cup organic raisins
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Add milk, 1/4 cup oats, cream cheese, chickpeas, raw honey, vanilla & cinnamon to the food processor. Blend until a smooth texture is achieved, scraping ingredients off the side as needed.
- Spoon dip into a serving bowl, then mix in raisins and 2 tsp of oats. Stir well, then sprinkle a few more oats, raisins & cinnamon for garnish.
- Serve with cinnamon tortilla strips, apple slices, or hard pretzels. Enjoy!